Get iKite Certified and start riding safely in Ontario and anywhere in the world. There are three levels of certification required to become an independent kiteboarder. You must complete all three to get an iKite Kiteboarding Certificate!
IKITE LEVEL 1
- Determine wind direction, speed and quality to assess safety.
- Understand the requirements for a good launch area.
- Understand the rules of engagement with other kiteboarders.
- Set-up equipment independently and perform a pre-flight safety check.
- Use and reset all safety features on the equipment.
- Using a kite harness.
- Perform self-rescue techniques to disarm the kite and get to shore with gear.
- Perform the safe launching and landing of a kite.
- Execute kite water relaunches.
- Body dragging in control, in both directions.
IKITE LEVEL 2
- All skills listed in the criteria of Level 1 + the following:
- Meteorology knowledge for risk management decisions.
- Perform water start on the board and maintain control of the kite and board.
- Manage speed with advanced kite and board control.
- Work the board and kite simultaneously for extended rides.
- Perform Basic turns and transitions.
IKITE LEVEL 3
- All skills listed in the criteria of Level 1 & 2 + the following:
- Using trim strap and loop to adjust 4 line kite power intake.
- Consistently kite upwind.
- Perform advanced turns and transitions under power.
- Maintain control in most wind conditions.
- Perform a simple jump and successful landing.